Linux jobs at Red Hat Software

Post by Marc Ewi » Sat, 23 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for several
challenging job openings.  If you are self-motivated, work well under
pressure, have a strong programming and Linux/UNIX background, and
have experience in any of the following areas (the more the better),
please submit your resume and/or any other relevant information, with
as much detail as possible, ASAP.

. C, extremely strong fundamentals including OOP
. Python, Perl
. Tcl/Tk/Tix
. HTML, CGI, Java, Web site design
. System and Network Administration
. Technical writing

Job functions include design, development and maintenance of:

. installation tools
. system administration and configuration tools
. intelligent Web site development and creative automated support solutions
. high traffic public Internet servers: Web, FTP, email
. systems to manage large multi-platform development projects
. documentation

Red Hat Software produces high quality Linux products and services.
Our leading Red Hat Linux OS product is freely available from
ftp.redhat.com and many mirrors.  Our RPM packaging technology is also
freely available at the same sites.

The work environment at Red Hat is at the same time relaxed and
high-pressure.  As a small startup company we work like dogs to "lead
the pack" in the Linux market and maintain the highest standards of
product quality and customer satisfaction.

Depending on the applicant, we can accommodate Summer internships,
temporary and permanent positions.  Whatever the term, we can only
accept applicants for full-time work.

We are also interested in meeting people at the NCSU Linux Expo 96.
This exciting event will be held in Raleigh, NC on April 13th.
More information is available at: http://www.linux.ncsu.edu/Expo96.
Let us know if you are planning to attend, and we can arrange office
visits and interviews.

Please send all materials, in confidence, to:

Marc Ewing
Red Hat Software, Inc.
PO Box 4325
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

1. JOB: Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

            Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for an opening in our
world famous technical support department.  If you are self-motivated,
resourceful, and you surprise even yourself with the seemingly
worthless Linux hardware and software arcana you can recite, then we
want to talk to you!

Job Description and Qualifications
----------------------------------

The job functions include supporting customers with installation and
other problems encountered using Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Motif, Red Hat
Applixware, and all our other products.  Support is generally handled
through email and fax, and some support contracts are handled over the
phone.  In addition, you will be responsible for building and
maintaining support documents and systems.

Qualifications:

- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
  Science or a related field
- 2 years Linux system-level experience (Red Hat experience a plus)
- Extensive PC hardware experience
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team

Desired skills include:

- Working knowledge of LaTeX, HTML, Linuxdoc-sgml
- Serial communication and networking (PPP, SLIP, UUCP)

The position is in RTP, North Carolina, and is open now.

This is a salaried position, with the precise figure to be based on
your qualifications.  Signing bonus: Nerf Ballzooka, a six pack of
root beer, three packs of Oreos, and a t-shirt.  Oh, and a hat too.

Red Hat Software
----------------

The work environment at Red Hat is at the same time relaxed and
high-pressure.  As a small startup company we work like dogs to "lead
the pack" in the Linux market and maintain the highest standards of
product quality and customer satisfaction.

Red Hat Software produces high quality Linux products and services.
Our leading Red Hat Linux OS product is freely available from
ftp.redhat.com and many mirrors.  Our RPM packaging technology is also
freely available at the same sites.

Application
-----------

If you are interested in working at the most exciting Linux company on
the planet, please submit your resume and/or any other relevant
information, with as much detail as possible, ASAP.  Please send all
materials, in confidence, to:

Marc Ewing
Red Hat Software, Inc.
PO Box 4325
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

Email and fax are preferred.

Thanks,
Marc

2. Gopher server for SCO Unix

3. JOB: Red Hat Software Developer Job Opening

4. How come CuteFTP don't work using linux gateway?

5. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

6. Install Questions

7. Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

8. NT local printer - access from Solaris?

9. Development Jobs at Red Hat Software

10. Job Openings at Red Hat Software

11. Demonizing Red Hat (was: CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux)

12. Red Hat Linux for $50 at RedHat.Com vs. Red Hat from LSL

13. Sun, Red Hat To Offer Red Hat Linux On Sun Servers