HELP: Mail/Pop Server Can't Received Mail

HELP: Mail/Pop Server Can't Received Mail

Post by andy.. » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using Slackware 1.2.8 and it seems like I can
send mail to other people on the internet but
it doesn't work the other way around.  People
try sending back mail to me but my pop
server never seems to receive them; also those
people who sent me don't get an error message
from their mail daemon until 1 or 2 days later.
Another weird thing is that I can send and receive
mail within my hostname (that is, for example,
another user on my system can send to and receive
from root).  Thus, the pop server seems to work
within my hostname but not outside.  Can anyone
help me? Thanks...

1. HELP: POP server won't receive any mail

Hi,

Can someone help me?  Here is the situation:
I have a mail pop server running under Linux 1.2.13
on one PC (I think it's in.pop3d or something like
it).  I can retrieve mail from it through any
other PC connected to the local Ethernet LAN.
The problem is that when I try sending mail to
it from any PC on the LAN, the mail never arrives.
Also, when I use pppd and try sending mail to
it from my school account (i.e. send to the dynamic ip
address I was assigned), it won't arrive also; the
weird thing is that I can send mail to my school account
through the same PC running the pop server.  I guess
I'm not setting up the server correctly or
my network configuration is incorrect.  Please
help.  Thanks in advance.

2. fcntl.h consolidation 8/18

3. radeon.ko missing mmu_cr4_features

4. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

5. Any point in keeping SUNWsteNP (NeWS) -- Running Solaris 2.3

6. sendmail : cannot receive mail from some domains (mail server timeout)

7. Positioning of icons in Panel

8. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

9. Linux as Mail Gateway & POP Mail Server

10. sendmail can't receive from cc:mail & ms-mail

11. Help - Proxy server (why can't send/receive mail ?)

12. Help with receiving mail from a POP account