Bru and cdrw

Post by Brian Goodyea » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using the version of Bru that came with Corel linux.  It works fine
except in one situation.

If I use this command line:

        bru -cvvvv -s 640M -f - /home/* | cdrecord dev=3,0 speed=4 -eject -

it winds it's way though till it gets around the 650 mark and then bru
says something to the effect that "-" is not a directory, shall we
backup "-" y/n

If I press n, it just asks the question again, if I press y cdrecord
aborts and ejects cause the disk is full.

I am under the impression that I should be able to feed it another one
but the script or whatever it is bumps me back to the command line.  Any
ideas?
Brian

1. Bru and cdrw

I am using the version of Bru that came with Corel linux.  It works fine
except in one situation.

If I use this command line:

        bru -cvvvv -s 640M -f - /home/* | cdrecord dev=3,0 speed=4 -eject -

it winds it's way though till it gets around the 650 mark and then bru
says something to the effect that "-" is not a directory, shall we
backup "-" y/n

If I press n, it just asks the question again, if I press y cdrecord
aborts and ejects cause the disk is full.

I am under the impression that I should be able to feed it another one
but the script or whatever it is bumps me back to the command line.  Any
ideas?
Brian

2. Microkernel, or new source distribution system?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. dawicontrol dc2974/am53c794

5. trouble in cdrom when read file in cdrw disk burned from xp's cdrw

6. identd

7. How To CDRW ? Not CDR, but CDRW,...

8. Can't get at SSA drive!

9. Problem with 2 of the same tape devices in bru

10. Where can I find BRU?

11. bru 16.0 license

12. Problems with bru 15.1 on DLT 4000 autoloader using mtx.

13. BRU - backup and restore utility