How do I mount a JFS floppy in RH Linux 6.1?

How do I mount a JFS floppy in RH Linux 6.1?

Post by Lanc » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I recently tried to recover some data from an old IBM PowerStation that
was running AIX and has all of its hard drives mounted with the JFS
filesystem.  I formatted some floppies on this machine and copied data to
them.

Now I am wondering how I mount these floppies (which I assume were
formatted with the JFS filesystem) under Red Hat Linux 6.1 (with kernel
2.2.12).  Is there something I can download or update the kernel?

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by Gerald Willman » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I recently tried to recover some data from an old IBM PowerStation that
> was running AIX and has all of its hard drives mounted with the JFS
> filesystem.  I formatted some floppies on this machine and copied data to
> them.
> Now I am wondering how I mount these floppies (which I assume were
> formatted with the JFS filesystem) under Red Hat Linux 6.1 (with kernel
> 2.2.12).  Is there something I can download or update the kernel?

don't know anything about AIX filesystems (although I occasionally use
one) but have you tried mount with -t auto so that it tries to use the
appropriate filesystem.
                                 Gerald
--

1. Mounting FAT32 partitions under RH Linux 6.1

Hi!

I'm a newbie to Linux. More at home with Bill's products, I am having a
few problems porting to Linux. Have just installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 on my
system. Am unable to mount my FAT32 partitions. During boot up the
following are displayed:

1.    mount: fs type vfat not supported by kernel.
2.    Finding module dependencies: can't open /lib/modules/2.2.12-
20BOOT/modules.dep

I haven't made any changes to my system. These error messages were
displayed during the post-installation reboot and thereafter. What could
#2 above mean?

I have a PC100 M748LMRT integrated motherboard with an HSP modem. Is it
what you call a Win-Modem? If at all, how do I get it to work under Linux?

Would be grateful if you help me out with these.

Souvik.

2. slip problems

3. Linux RH 6.1 GPL or Linux RH Standard?

4. Netcom account

5. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

6. terminal power loss brings Solaris to OK prompt

8. Linux Process States

9. problem with Floppy in RH 6.1

10. RH 6.1 boot floppy hangs when probing for mouse type

11. Inoperative floppy/cdrom in RH 6.1 Gnome

12. Boot halted during dev mount / fsck process (RH 6.1, SMP kernel, SCSI system)

13. nfs mount error after upgrade to RH 6.1