Autologin as root

Post by Mark Crot » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?

Autologin as root

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

: My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?

Make it autologout as root too!

(become more comprehensible)

Peter

Autologin as root

Post by Josep » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

how does it do that ??

>: My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?

>Make it autologout as root too!

>(become more comprehensible)

>Peter

Autologin as root

Post by Mark Crot » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

>: My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?

>Make it autologout as root too!

>(become more comprehensible)

Okay. If I reboot, instead of getting the login screen I get "password"
If I enter roots password it logs in.
If I login as root then "exit" the box tries to log root back in.
Here's the output

daylonius:~# exit
logout
Password:

Quote:>Peter

Autologin as root

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

: how does it do that ??

:>: My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?
:>Make it autologout as root too!
:>(become more comprehensible)

By learning to express itself.

Peter

Autologin as root

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

:>: My Debian 2.1 box tries to autologin as root. Any ideas how to stop this?
:>
:>Make it autologout as root too!
:>
:>(become more comprehensible)
:>
: Okay. If I reboot, instead of getting the login screen I get "password"
: If I enter roots password it logs in.
: If I login as root then "exit" the box tries to log root back in.

Looks like it has a messed up set of init scripts, or else it is
booting in runlevel 1. Examine the runlevel in /etc/inittab, and make
sure it is set to 3. Check the init installation.

: Here's the output

: daylonius:~# exit
: logout
: Password:

Peter

1. Autologin "as Root" with mingetty

Hi,

I've installed Peewee Linux and I have added the patched version of mingetty
to enable autologins.

My problem now is that I need to login as root because I need I/O
permissions and It's impossible to  autologin as root without giving a
password. I can autologin with any other user without giving it's pasword,
but they don't have I/O permissions...

Does anybody know how I can give a "normal" user I/O permissions or how I
can enable a "password-less" login for the root?

Thx,

Max

2. alloc_hugetlb_page() fails to kmap() memory while zeroing

3. autologin for root

4. Freeing up hard drive space...

5. Autologin [root] NEEDED...

6. Something is eating memory.....