MediaMagic ISP-16 sound card doesn't work

MediaMagic ISP-16 sound card doesn't work

Post by Will Hall » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

I've just started working with the Slackware 2.2 (Kernel 1.2)
distribution and while my ISP-16 card gets recognized as a SoundBlaster
Pro/OPL2-3 device on boot, sound files will not play.  Cat-ing to /dev/audio
or /dev/pcm, /dev/dsp product cat: write error, I/O error messages.

I've tried booting DOS, initializing the sound board and then booting
Linux.  Same result.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Please e-mail any answers.

Thanks,

Will Hallam