script for ppp connection (I can't make 'chat' work)

Post by Huo, Ya » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

--
Huo, Yan

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~huo

1. Can't Get PPP Working - Chat (ppp-on) script won't dial

While I can run CSLIP using a DIP script with no provblem, I haven't been
able to get ppp to work. I'm using a ppp-on script adapted for my host
site, but it just falls through to the error message (no lockfile problem).
The ppp driver is in my kernel; I'm on kerneo 1.1.18, and using ppp 2.1.2a.
The chat script won't get my modem dialing. Modem as the device does not
work, neither does cua1 (which I use for SLIP). I will be glad to supply
any additional information needed. And yes, ppp IS in /etc/ppp, and
installed properly, as far as I can tell. Thanks for any help. I have RTFM.

2. ONC+ and other vendors

3. problem with 'chat' scripts and ppp connection

4. Netscape subprocess diagnostics

5. 'ppp-on' Works, 'ifup ppp0' Doesn't

6. can'nt get a # prmp in window

7. PROBLEM: 'sed' script 's/^ /\n/' not working properly

8. Accessing Internet through a firewall

9. ppp doesn't work...chat script is the problem?

10. PPP and Netcom, Can't get pppd and chat to work...need someones script files...

11. PPP/CHAT: chat won't chat with modem, why?

12. PPP connection works well ,while SLIP connection doesn't work,why and how?

13. why won't scripts work unless i 'source' them?