Problems printing using a linux print server

Problems printing using a linux print server

Post by Ronald Mar » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have a linux machine and a windows machine connected with ethernet. The
linux machine will be (if I ever get it to work) the print server.
Printing from the linux machine works fine. However, when I try to print
from the windows machine - nothing happens. The files are queued up (on
the linux machine), but never printed. All I get is a "deamon not present
- error".

I've checked the hosts.lpd file. I've used lpc to check the deamon (it's
there and running). I've used lpc to stop and restart the deamon. No luck
with any of these.

Any Suggestions?