Install Linux on Toshiba TECRA 8000

Post by Zhou-Jin W » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I want to install Linux on Toshiba TECRA 8000.  Does anyone can give me
some suggestion or comment?  The following is may laptop specification:

Hardware Specification
----------------------
CPU             Pentium II 266
RAM             128 MB, SO-DIMM SDRAM, 3.3V
HDD             6.4 GB, ATA-4
CD-ROM          TEAC
VIDEO           NeoMagic (2200) w/256-bit data bus width
SGRAM           2.5 MB
Display         13.3", 1024x768
Sound           Yamaha OPL3-SA3
Modem           56Kbps Fax/Modem PC Card
Ethernet Card   D-Link DFE-650 Fast Ethernet PC Card

1. Solaris 7/Toshiba Tecra 8000/DVD/Install Failed

I'm trying to install Solaris 7 on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 with a DVD-ROM. The
Device Configuration Assistant recognizes the Toshiba DVD-ROM and I select
it as the boot device to begin the installation. After selecting the Web
based install, I get a few read failures for the CD-ROM and then the
installation terminates. I know the CD-ROM is good as I can read it from NT
installed on the same machine. I assume the loaded CD-ROM driver can't
handle the DVD device. Any suggestions?

I'm beginning to think loading Solaris 7 on a notebook isn't a good idea. I
just wanted to load it to learn more about Solaris. Was hoping to dual-boot
with NT via System Commander. Any suggestions in this area are also
appreciated.

Thanks

2. Tuning the Kernal

3. Toshiba Tecra 8000 internal modem install?

4. Help! (setting up elm for email)

5. setting up linux on toshiba tecra 8000

6. Newer telnet daemon?

7. linux on toshiba tecra 8000

8. Curious X question

9. Linux on Laptop "Toshiba Tecra 8000"

10. Linux on a Toshiba Tecra 8000?

11. Redhat 5.0 on Toshiba Tecra 8000

12. Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop

13. Help with Toshiba Tecra 8000 and 3c574