MP3Blaster V2.01 -- Mpeg audio player for Linux

MP3Blaster V2.01 -- Mpeg audio player for Linux

Post by Keith Rohr » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm proud to present a new release of MP3Blaster, an Mpeg-layer 1/2 audio
> player for Linux. This player has a smart and intuitive user-interface that
> allows a user to split up a playlist into sections. An interesting use of
> this feature is that you can put about 10 of your audio CD's in MP3-format
> on one CD-ROM and have each section in the playlist represent an album.

Does anyone know of a free/GPL'd MPEG layer 3 (or at least layer 2)
*en*coder?  It's kinda hard to fit 10 CD's on one CD-R without one...

        Keith

Post by Roy Stogn » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>> I'm proud to present a new release of MP3Blaster, an Mpeg-layer 1/2 audio
>> player for Linux. This player has a smart and intuitive user-interface that
>> allows a user to split up a playlist into sections. An interesting use of
>> this feature is that you can put about 10 of your audio CD's in MP3-format
>> on one CD-ROM and have each section in the playlist represent an album.
>Does anyone know of a free/GPL'd MPEG layer 3 (or at least layer 2)
>*en*coder?  It's kinda hard to fit 10 CD's on one CD-R without one...

Cc: me with the message if someone finds one; the only encoder I've found
is shareware, and slow shareware at that.
---
Roy Stogner