Rehash of the "artifact" problem when running XFree on SVGA

Rehash of the "artifact" problem when running XFree on SVGA

Post by David Wrig » Sat, 19 Mar 1994 07:32:56

        I remember seeing a thread a while back about people having a problem
with artifacts (lines & junk left after a window is dragged/closed) when
running X using the SVGA driver supplied in Slackware 1.1.1. I was using the
Mono driver then and didn't pay any attention, but now I have an ET4000 SVGA
card with 512k (chips for 1024 ordered) installed, and I am having the
problem.

        Could someone post (or email me) the solution? Doing a screen refresh
DOES clear up the junk, but it will come back when items are moved again
(it doesn't always happen, either).

                                                        Dave