snedmail not delivering email!!!!!

Post by bag.. » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:15:01

I have installed and configured RH 6.2 as my DNS, and Mail Server.
I have followed some sample instructions and configured sendmail for
smpt and imap. I can use outlook express to connect to the mail server
from a Microsoft machine and send messages. However, sendmail can only
send and receive email to and from the root account. All other emails
go to the none-deliverable basket. This of course used to work until I
changed something in the sendmail.cf file. I don't know what. Any
changes made to the cf file were done using the Control Panel network
tools.
Can someone tell me why this happens.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

snedmail not delivering email!!!!!

Post by David M. Co » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:46:52

Quote:>send and receive email to and from the root account. All other emails

You probably need to turn relaying on for your domain in /etc/mail/access,
frex:

# Check the /usr/doc/sendmail-8.9.3/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/doc/sendmail-8.9.3/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY

# Relay for my domain.  I believe hosts need both forward and reverse DNS
# resolution for this to work.

mydomain.com                    RELAY

# You can also add a class A, B, or C.  AFAIK, for a subnet you'd have to
# add each IP if you didn't want the whole class C in there.

192.168.1                       RELAY

Dave Cook

1. E-mail Messages to Local Users Being Queued, Not Delivered

Our external mail server, extmail.pimpnugget.com, a RH 7.2 box running
sendmail 8.11.6, is configured to sit in the dirty dmz and relay
inbound messages to a server behind the firewall

relayed to intmail.pimpnugget.com.

This is working.

However, mail sent to local users on the external box (e. g.., mail

Bobby never gets the mail and it never leaves extmail.pimpnugget.com.

I have extmail.pimpnugget.com in the local-host-names file.

What else needs to be done?

2. MOL on older g3 POWERBOOK

3. MMDF problem: One user's e-mail will not deliver

4. test

5. Problem with smail not delivering incoming e-mail

6. System.map after kernel build

7. Email took 2 days to deliver

8. Netgear FA311 kernel module.

9. e-mail doesn't get delivered on Linux system [?]

10. Mail delivered by sender gets "failure to deliver"

11. Problem: Duplicate email messages delivered

12. How to deliver email to local hosts without looking up DNS?

13. Getting Snedmail to lookup MX record!!!