cannot install software because of missing files

Post by Paul Kimo » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> where are these files and how to i obtain them?:
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0), libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0),libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)
> libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)

These are probably just funny ways of saying that you need glibc-2.1.
(It contains some symbols from glibc-2.0, hence the "GLIBC_2.0" business.
All of libc, libdl, and libm should come with a proper glibc i
nstallation.)

Quote:> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

This is the C++ runtime library that goes with egcs-1.1.x and
glibc-2.1.  (The name of the file itself is probably something like
"/usr/lib/libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so", what a mouthful.)

--

cannot install software because of missing files

Post by braden roede » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

i am trying to install mp3 and burner software on my newly configured Open
Linux2.3 with KDE. get  a message that says i have unsatisfied
dependancies:
where are these files and how to i obtain them?:
libc.s0.6(GLIBC_2.0), libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0),libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

cannot install software because of missing files

Post by Christopher Hum » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

says...
Quote:> i am trying to install mp3 and burner software on my newly configured Open
> Linux2.3 with KDE. get  a message that says i have unsatisfied
> dependancies:
> where are these files and how to i obtain them?:
> libc.s0.6(GLIBC_2.0), libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0),libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)
> libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

I having the same problem with a number of programs for Linux that I have
downloaded from sites such Linuxberg. I too would appreciate knowing how
to find these files as I've used a number of search engines (hotbot,
altavista, etc.) to try to find out how to obtain and install these
files. So far, I've come close, but still no cigar.

TIA
Chris

Post by Ryan H » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> says...
> > i am trying to install mp3 and burner software on my newly configured Open
> > Linux2.3 with KDE. get  a message that says i have unsatisfied
> > dependancies:
> > where are these files and how to i obtain them?:
> > libc.s0.6(GLIBC_2.0), libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> > libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0),libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)
> > libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
> > libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

> I having the same problem with a number of programs for Linux that I have
> downloaded from sites such Linuxberg. I too would appreciate knowing how
> to find these files as I've used a number of search engines (hotbot,
> altavista, etc.) to try to find out how to obtain and install these
> files. So far, I've come close, but still no cigar.

> TIA
> Chris

If you're using RPM, go to this site:

http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/

I installed the above libraries earlier this week with RPMs downloaded
from this place.

HIH
Ryan

1. Cannot install sbpcd module - cannot install linux:(

I am really in a bind here.  After an agonizing week of waiting, my new
debian CD showed up and I got to work installing.  Everything went
smoothly untill I went to install the kernel modules.  I have a 'reveal'
cd rom drive (possibly made by panasonic), that connects to the SC400
Reveal 4R sound card.

I tried to install the sbpcd module for the kernel during the install,
but after taking 5 minutes or so to test a variety of addresses and names
(SoundBlaster, Lasersomethingorother, etc), it said that the installation
failed.  It seemed to get something at 0x230 SoundBlaster (the busy light
on the drive went on) but after spending a bit of time there, it just
continues.

I took those parameters and tried to feed them in manually doing:
append "sbpcd=0x230,SoundBlaster"
but it doesnt do anything.  I read the CDROM howto, and that was the only
advice I could glean from it.

As you may have gathered, I am really at a loss here, and would be most
grateful for any help offered.

Ciao,
--
David Welton

Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!

2. SUN OS 4.1.4 and BIND

3. Install problems: missing files, read-only file system

4. Need TeX for AIX3.1.5

5. Missing software ... find what I'm missing

6. Born shell (sh) commands history

7. cannot install gcc (as missing)

8. tin v1.5.4 on hp-ux

9. Cannot start KDE, missing files or directories

10. Help cannot run Netscape after installing new software

11. libpng.so.3 - missing library file missing

12. Missing files? Can't install 1.2b10

13. missing file in 312f install