Help with Slackware 7, /etc/printcap, filters, and TCP/IP Printing

Help with Slackware 7, /etc/printcap, filters, and TCP/IP Printing

Post by srehrl.. » Mon, 12 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello to all:

We work we have two TCP/IP printers - HP LJ 4050TN with JetDirect card,
and a Savin 9935DP b/w copier/printer.   We also have a Slackware 7
linux box.  Everything in the office is 100-BaseT connected.   I have
set up a basic /etc/printcap to permit communication with the two
printers.  The problem is with proper text formatting.

- For the HP, I want to install a filter to convert all text to
postscript, print the document, and send a form feed to spit out the
result.   Images, I assume, will work straight-up?

- For the Savin, I have no idea what is needed.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Help needed: Ghostscript as /etc/printcap filter

I would like to print postscript files on non-postscript printers.
Ghostscript can do things like that but I would like the process to be
transparent for the users.
Therefore I would like to use ghostscript as a filter set in the
/etc/printcap.
Does anyone has done this and could provide me an example?

Thanks.

2. Apache 1.3.6 compile optimizations ignored?

3. TCP/IP printing and filter

4. Multiple (related?) problems

5. Need help with HPDJ720, printing script file and /etc/printcap

6. RH 9 desktop query

7. Please help find a program to print on remote printer (not using /etc/printcap)

8. ANNOUNCE: Open Sound System for Sun Sparcs

9. installing ghostscript as filter in /etc/printcap

10. Filters and /etc/printcap

11. Using Output Filters in /etc/printcap

12. How to set up filters in /etc/printcap?

13. SUMMARY: Filters and /etc/printcap