> I'm looking for ideas on useful applications that I may be passing up.
> The distribution that I set up came with sooo much, sooo many different
> applications that I don't know exactly what they all do.
> What apps do you find you cant live without?
You mean the apps that we most frequently use?
If you want I can make a list, but you have to understand that some (if not
most) love the way tools interact with each other, how tools are literally
combined into a well-running machine.
For instance, you have the wonderfull world of e-mailing, which consists
(in my case) of
- fetchmail # retrieving mail from (multiple) servers
- procmail # filtering e-mail
- mutt # reading/writing e-mail
- gpg # signing e-mails cryptographically
- postfix # sending e-mails (also retrieving from fetchmail
# and delivering to procmail)
Every tool on itself doesn't do much (well, it does do much, but not
everything) but when inserted in this `chain' you have very functional and
|- LUG : http://www.lugwv.be
|- PGP Key-# : 0xCDBA2FDB
`- "Happy Linux-user :)"