installing linux on external hard drive usb connected

installing linux on external hard drive usb connected

Post by Eric Melvill » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

last i heard, all usb storage devices are still read-only in linux.

-E

Quote:> I am about to install linux on my pc.  I have window 98 on a compaq
> machine with 200 mhz processor 32ram 2.99gb hard drive.  I have a new usb
> connected external hard drive with 26gb of memory.  My 2.99gb hard drive
> only has 750mb of free disc space.  I want to keep my windows until I am
> sure that everything I have works with linux.  What would be the best way
> to go about installing linux in my sistem?  I am not an expert computer
> user but I usually get things working somehow.  I welcome any help.

1. installing linux on external hard drive usb connected

I am about to install linux on my pc.  I have window 98 on a compaq
machine with 200 mhz processor 32ram 2.99gb hard drive.  I have a new usb
connected external hard drive with 26gb of memory.  My 2.99gb hard drive
only has 750mb of free disc space.  I want to keep my windows until I am
sure that everything I have works with linux.  What would be the best way
to go about installing linux in my sistem?  I am not an expert computer
user but I usually get things working somehow.  I welcome any help.
Thanks
Tony

2. replace newline with null

3. Install RH 9 from CDROM to external USB hard drive?

4. Altering BIOS Values w/ Program ?

5. Linux on NT ???

6. Connecting a USB BurnMax24x CDR/CDRW Drive With a USB Printer already installed

7. 3c589 pcmcia card

8. Installing Linux on external USB Drive

9. External USB hard drive not recognized as valid block device

10. IOMEGA USB 2.0 external Hard drive

11. A bit of a problem with USB 2.0 external hard drive.

12. USB 2 or FireWire (for external hard drive)