NCurses Solution

Post by Emmanuel Tycho » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

If you haven't anymore colors under, by example Midnight
Commander under Linux, it's normal.

The new NCurses replace /usr/lib/terminfo/l/linux file with a
incompatible file. Replace them with with the old file. (Make
this for /x/xterm too!)

--

       O-O      |
       (_)      |  NetLine sprl, <http://www.netline.be>

NCurses Solution

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>If you haven't anymore colors under, by example Midnight
>Commander under Linux, it's normal.

>The new NCurses replace /usr/lib/terminfo/l/linux file with a
>incompatible file. Replace them with with the old file. (Make
>this for /x/xterm too!)

Don't do that. Recompile MC.

Zeyd
--
---

NCURSES is available from ftp.netcom.com:pub/zm/zmbenhal/ncurses
Current version is 1.9.8a

1. Is there a solution? (resizing window ncurses)

I have written a program that is supposed to enable a user to resize
his window. Now if a user
1. opens a dialog box (say by pressing F3 to open a file)
2. types a name (does not press Enter)
3. resizes the window

Then there will be problems.
Can this be solved/prevented?

Since I cannot attach the program with this post (use google to post
this) I am giving you a link to that program:

http://www.geocities.com/ppratik85/pp.zip

Sorry that it is in zip format and there is no make file for it but
you can easily compile it in one line:

gcc -g -Wall -o pp pp.c -lpanel

You may have to look at a function called winchhandler() which is in a
file accidently named with a .h extention -gfunct.h

Thanks in advance :)

2. dump win98 partition

3. Ncurses.4 s ncurse.5

4. very slow responce from telnet, ftp and route ?

5. UNIX solution vs. NT solution for multi-user internet support?

6. Setting PATHs

7. IDE/ATAPI Zip Drive Mounting Solution (my solution)

8. need of help

9. make linux-ncurses fails to produce working lynx

10. newbie problem on ncurses: puzzling line break

11. Patch for nn-6.5b (with ncurses)?

12. ncurses trouble

13. ncurses libs and a newbie