DOSEMU, read-only

Post by Johan Ovling » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello all.

I've just compiled DOSEMU 0.64.4 and installed it per the intructions in the
QuickStart guide. My /etc/dosemu.conf is vanilla vanilla etc/config.dist,
appart from that the line:

disk { image " /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage" }

is uncommented. The image is a copy of etc/hdimage.dist, and has rw permissions
for all users (just to be on the safe side).

The problem is that whenever I run dos -A or xdos -A as root or user, I am
unable to write to the image (I assume), so when I try to fdisk /mbr,

SYSCALL ERROR: 30, *Read-only file system* in file disks.c, line 581: expr=
        open(dp->dev_name, dp->wantrdonly ? O_RDONLY : O_RDWR, 0)

gets dumped to stderr. Oops. This happens for every command (even just a
return) I enter in the dos box.

The disk in drv A is not write protected, and was made per instr. in
QuickStart.

I'm asking for ideas, stray thoughts, flames, anything.

TIA

 Johan

1. DOSEMU, read-only

[...]

What gives "ls -l /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage"? Is your dos suid root?
--

Free Software: Contribute nothing, expect nothing
--

2. DDS3 backup problem?

3. dosemu-0.64.1: error reading zSystem.map, errno=2

4. getpwuid I'm trying to launch httpd (as root), but... nothing just a message in the error_log : getpwuid: Is a directory - couldn't determine user name from uid ??? Thanks in advance Thierry vdp@mygale.org

5. Dosemu on Pentium (YES I READ THE HOWTO)

6. Cable Modem and eth1 probs

7. dosemu can't read floppy

8. scsi_error device offline fix

9. DOSEMU: dosemu needs a standard input

10. DOSEMU: One autoexec for regular dos and dosemu

11. DOSEMU at bootup question (dosemu newbie?)

12. DOSEMU config and flags for DOSEMU compilation?

13. dosemu error: /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first doesn't exist