How to setup SLIP using dip for dynamic IP

How to setup SLIP using dip for dynamic IP

Post by Dom Calabria x10 » Sat, 24 Sep 1994 02:30:23

Quote:

> Hi, there,

> Does anyone know how to use dip to setup SLIP for a remote server that
> uses dynamic IP address assignment? The sample.dip file doesn't work
> for me. The dip version I am using is 3.7.7. If you already made your
> SLIP work (with dynamic IP address assignment), could you drop me some
> tips or send me your dip script file through email? I really appreciate
> your help.

> Thanks in advance

> --shan

I have the exact same question.  I am using net-0.32b and dip 3.7.7?.  Linux v 1.0.8.
Please copy me on the e-mail response.  Thanks.
-- Dom

1. dip script for slip/ppp connection with dynamic IP address

I'm having trouble writing a dip script and works for a dynamically
allocated IP address. The major thing giving me trouble is
intercepting the IP address and then figuring out what to do with
it. Could someone point me to relevant documentation for doing this?
Also, sample dip scripts that deal with dynamically allocated IP
addresses would also be helpful. Thanks much.

--
Chuck Irvine
Serior Member of Technical Staff

2. Will real SLS stand up?

3. help dip SLIP wil dynamic IP server

4. DMA ???

5. Dynamic IP SLIP setup on Linux

6. RH 5.0 Installation problem

7. Help with SLIP server setup in Linux using DIP

8. UUCP over TCP

9. using dip for SLIP with dynamically assigned IP address...how?

10. Dynamic IP Adress using SLIP

11. Dynamic Slip address with DIP

12. Need help with DIP in dynamic slip env.

13. Dynamic SLIP, dip error