redhat archives 4 out yet?

Post by Dixon » Mon, 11 Nov 1996 04:00:00

So er...it's 1 day away from one month since I've ordered
the Redhat 4.0 archives.  To this point, I've basically
resigned to the fact that it's been indefinitely delayed.

But I've seen here and there that people have actually
received their copies.  If that's the case, where's my
"overnight" copy?

If that's not the case, then I again push for Redhat to
come up with some way for me to cancel my order without
charging it to my credit card and then having me refuse
the shipment.  If you can't tell, the year is coming
to a close, and the budget I had to buy things this year
won't be available come 1/1/97.  At the rate it is going,
I would not be suprised at all if RedHat do charge me
something AFTER year's end....at which point, the company's
corporate card people will come to me..and say, here, fill
this pile of paper work out to explain this charge.

Indirectly, this hassle with Redhat has already costed my
company much more than the ~$30 price.  Imagine the total
hours I've spent complaining to Redhat....the wage charged
to those time has far exceeded expectations.  Luckily, I've
received my copy of RH 4.0 itself, so I don't have to complain
about the hours I'd have to spent downloading those new RPMs.
...no doubt, some poor soul out there has had to do exactly
just that.

...so I ask again, how do I cleanly cancel my order?

-d

--

Systems Administrator                                    (415) 859-2848
Computer Sciences Laboratory, SRI International

1. Redhat 4.0 archives out yet?

So er...it's 1 day away from one month since I've ordered
the Redhat 4.0 archives.  To this point, I'm basically
resigned to the fact that it's been indefinitely delayed.

But I've heard here and there that people have actually
received their copies.  If that's the case, where's my
"overnight" copy?

Actually, I just checked Redhat's web site.  Redhat 4.0 CD
itself is out of stock, but they recommend the archives set...
so I can only assume this it IS out?  Again, where is my
copy?

Or has Redhat been able to do what it claimed it can't:
cancel my order?  Or have they just er..."lost" my order?
Or is Redhat selling so successfully that they don't care
if "something" happens here and there.

Why am I posting instead of calling RedHat?  I've tried
calling earlier on with this ordeal...and I've found that
their newsgroup people seem to give more "honest" answers
about the situation.....so again, I'd like to know what
the status of the Archives CDs is..

-d

--

Systems Administrator                                    (415) 859-2848
Computer Sciences Laboratory, SRI International

2. PCI-SC200 SCSI card

3. Yet another flash archive + SVM post

4. WP8 performance vs StarOff 5.0

5. Yet another Solaris PPP problem, as yet unanswered

6. aixterm - how to turn off auto-wraparound

7. *.so archives and *.a archives

8. How to use try/catch/throw to recover from a signal

9. linking static archive to another static archive

10. ufsdump archive --> tar archive ?

11. undable to locate archive symbol table: Format error: archive fmag...

12. Changing .zoo archive to .lzh archive: help!

13. Yet another Redhat Linux Security Problem.