Can I burn an iso image to a CD under win9x

Can I burn an iso image to a CD under win9x

Post by bruc » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'd like to burn a CD with the new redhat 6.1. We only have 1 CD
recorder here and it's in a windows PC. It's got some software that came
w/ it called Prassi CD Right. Is there a way to burn a CD from the
redhat .iso file under windows?

Post by Jehs » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I'd like to burn a CD with the new redhat 6.1. We only have 1 CD
> recorder here and it's in a windows PC. It's got some software that came
> w/ it called Prassi CD Right. Is there a way to burn a CD from the
> redhat .iso file under windows?

I know that Adaptec Easy CD Creator, CDRWin, and Nero all burn ISOs.

Moshe

--

ICQ 1900670 - 350467 GT Station - 6-0985 - HEF 214

Can I burn an iso image to a CD under win9x

Post by Rod Smi » Thu, 07 Oct 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I'd like to burn a CD with the new redhat 6.1. We only have 1 CD
> recorder here and it's in a windows PC. It's got some software that came
> w/ it called Prassi CD Right. Is there a way to burn a CD from the
> redhat .iso file under windows?

I'm not familiar with the Prassi software, so I can't say for sure, but
you should look for an option called "burn from image file," "create CD
from ISO image," or something similar.

If your software doesn't have the option, check these URLs:

http://www.goldenhawk.com/
http://www.ahead.de/

The first has some freeware DOS-based CD-R software that should do the
trick (or did the last time I checked).  The second has a demo version of
a Windows program called Nero that will burn a CD image file.

FWIW, I've got a web page on creating a Red Hat 5.x or 6.0 CD from
Windows, too.  Now that Red Hat is releasing "official" 6.1 image files, I
probably won't look too carefully into updating my page, but if you want
to do it the hard way, it's probably still applicable:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~smithrod/rhjol.html

--

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~smithrod
Author of _Special Edition Using Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux_, from Que

1. Burning .iso CD-Images with Toast?

Hello!

I tried to setup my LinuxPPC 2000 box for CD-Writing with my HP
SuperStore 4020 CD-Writer. I figured out that this would mean
to recompile the kernel for aditional SCSI-Modules, which is
something wich I haven't managed yet.

The CD-Writer works under MacOS, so the fastest fix would be to
burn the CDs under MacOS, but I don't know how to bring the .iso
CD-Images which I have into a format that Toast understands.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Michaela Susan Bsing

2. HOW TO fine tune NFS V3 clients?

3. RedHat 5.2: Burned bootable ISO image for Setup boots, but fails to initialize cd - HELP!

4. LILO on XP

5. HELP iso image burning to cd and making it bootable HELP

6. Wanted: Good (or cheap) C++ profiler.

7. How to burn .iso image to cd

8. Problems with a ufsdump to a remote tape.

9. burning iso image of 4.2 FreeBSD onto a 650 Meg CD RW

10. Burning an ISO into a bootable CD and mp3's to music CD's.

11. mounting CD's burned on WIn9x with joliet extensions - bugs??

12. How to burn SUSE ISO image in Windows

13. Help burning CDR (iso) image