dialup download

Post by Miten S Meht » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

6/26/98

Hello,

I am downloading files in India with the vsnl dialup account.  I use lynx
to download files and it gets saved as such fine on the unix server but as
I download to my pc it gets stuck.  I use zmodem commands even as
sz -bel 512 L 512 filename
and also
sz -be filename
but its no good.  It either gets stuck initilially itself or later.

if any one has faced similar problems and found a work around could you
guide?

I am downloading files of size like 5-12MB.

Thankyou.

1. Some dialup web sites hang on file download

I am using RH7.0 and an analog modem to dialup to my ISP. Most sites
have no problems. A couple of sites, pageout.net in particular, has the
following problem.

After starting to download a file (.doc, or .xls) the browser
(netscape) hangs and never completes.

I used tcpdump to look at the problem. It looks as if the web site
continued to send packets, but my box stopped acknowleging them.

can anyone help?

Thanks,
Chris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Device Drivers

3. Downloading Mail from a Dialup (Concentric in my case) with Pine

4. Removing *all* uniboard from a domain

5. csh download scripts (SunOS) for dialup mail

6. HELP WANTED WITH NETWORK KERNEL COMPILING

7. How to split large DOS file for downloading thru dialup?

8. utmp/utmpx wtmp/wtmpx

9. Sample firewall/masq rules for dialup and non-dialup posted (ipfwadm only)

10. md5 checksums for 4/2001 companion cd download [was Re: Problems downloading Companion CD]

11. More than 1.5 million Linux downloads on Download.com

12. Did I download the right stuff and did it download right???