Redhat Networking/DNS problem, please help

Redhat Networking/DNS problem, please help

Post by slon.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi,
I have a strange network problem. The box is running Redhat 6.2, bind-
8.2.2_P5-9,'Server' install, intell based.  When 'named' is running I
cannot ping on IP address anywhere except the domain cofigured in the
zone file. If zone file is not present I just cannot ping anywhere on
IP.
I ran 'tcpdump'. When 'named' is not running, I get continuous flow of
packets. Shortly after I start 'named' the flow stops.
I am looking for ANY clues. Any suggestions on what should I check. Am
I having misconfigured network? My routing tables are perfect,
everything works fine until I start 'named'.
I have reinstalled redhat 6.2 several times. I even installed 6.1, with
all the same settings. It works perfectly well with 'named' running.
Please help! Write what ever comes up to you mind,
Kristina

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. UID

4. How to convert LF to CR LF for transmission to PC

5. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

6. HELP! Cracker fouled up my passwd changing ability

7. Please help install network card in RedHat 7.2

8. Cache/RAM Ratio -- Too Low?

9. redhat 6.2 and network configurations - please help

10. Please help - RedHat linux 5.x network prob

11. Redhat 8.0 Network setup gives error Too many open files... please help

12. Reverse DNS problem with bind (please help)

13. DNS & Virtual Hosting Problem, please help.