Java applets don't work in Netscape on RH 6.0

Java applets don't work in Netscape on RH 6.0

Post by Ron Ols » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

I am having a problem with Netscape (both 4.51 and 4.6) on RH 6.0:
it crashes when trying to run a Java applet.

I tried using Peter Englmaier's ld-wrapper approach to run Netscape
with the old glibc-2.0 libraries, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to to run Java applets in Netscape on RH 6.0?

        Ron Olsen
        Boulder Colorado

1. Arrow Keys don't work in Java Applet on Netscape on SunOS

I'm running a Java applet inside of a Netscape browser under SunOS 4.1.3
type 5 keyboard and I'm having a problem getting arrow keys, and
function keys recognized.  BTW this works fine under Windows/Mac.  When
you press an arrow key or function key there is NO event
generated/intercepted in Java.  I suspect it's either a Java bug or a
problem with key mappings.  I'm pointing to the correct XKeysymDB but
that makes no difference (aside from eliminating the annoying startup
error messages).

Any ideas?

Cliff

--
Remove .nospam at the end of e-mail address to reply. Sorry for the
inconvenience but the junk mail ratio is getting too high.

2. getting leafnode messages

3. Java applets don't show up in Netscape.

4. AMD 33C93 SCSI driver

5. Netscape Wrapper .. java applets don't run

6. X on Micron Transport Trek 2 laptop

7. Q: Netscape + Java + Solaris2.5 don't work

8. Cant run program in background

9. RedHat 6 and Netscape fix for Java for things like yahoo Java chat applet

10. Help wanted: applet viewer don't work on X11

11. GNOME Monitor Applets don't work

12. RH 6.0, Netscape 4.6 & Java (crash)

13. RH7.1 and Netscape 4.78 don't do java