** Error **: file gnucash-style.c: line 783

Post by Davi » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:29:23

> Hello, All.

> I recently did a re-install of my workstation with Mandrake 8.2 (as I have
> on a few previous occasions).  As usual, I chose to install GnuCash, which
> has always run just fine before.  However, after this install, I get the
> following error when I try to run it:

> --- ERROR ---
> Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

> Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

[snip]

Quote:

> I'd appreciate any ideas on this that anyone may have?

Do you have these 2 packages installed?

XFree86-ISO8859-15-100dpi-fonts-4.1.0-25
XFree86-ISO8859-15-75dpi-fonts-4.1.0-25

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.

Post by Alan Murre » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 06:35:33

> Do you have these 2 packages installed?

> XFree86-ISO8859-15-100dpi-fonts-4.1.0-25
> XFree86-ISO8859-15-75dpi-fonts-4.1.0-25

Well, not those exact packages, but the ones that ome with Mandrake
8.2:

XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.2.0-10mdk
XFree86-100dpi-fonts-4.2.0-10mdk

It's weird. because it *used* to work.  Also, to eliminate the
possibility of some "upgrade" having interfered, I did a totally fresh
install, no updates, and I am still getting the same error.

Your thoughts and ideas still appreciated, but I'm goign to see if
there is a mailing list for GnuCash as well.

TIA,

1. ** ERROR **: file gnucash-style.c: line 783

Hello!

I have just done a re-install of Mandrake 8.2 on my workstation.  As
you can prolly guess, I installed GnuCash, like I have on several past
occasions.  Each time before, it ran just fun, but this time, the
first time I tried running it, I get the following error:

--- ERROR ---
Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet Creation

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet Creation

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
--- ERROR ---

As I mentioned, GnuCash has never had problems before, so I am puzzled
as to what could have gone wrong, andmore importantly, how to correct
this.  When I did my install, I did have the "automatically install
dependencies" option on, so I know everything GnuCash depends upon aso
got installed.

I even tried removing GnuCash (rpm -e gnucash), then re-installed from
the CD's, just in case it was updated via my nightly
MandrakeUpdateRobot, but still the same problem.

If anyone has any other ideas as to what could be wrong, and how to
correct this, I'd apprecaite hearing back from you.

Thanx, in advance.

2. AddLanguage can't work? (apache 1.2.1)

3. Firewall blocking lo scan port 783 to 1524

4. exim install problem (Debian)

5. ERROR: Open Output File, DETAIL: 0 FILE: SystemCmd.cc LINE 484

6. Reading few lines above or below a search hit

7. print line 1 of each file, line 2 of each file...

8. Problems pinging across subnets

9. how to append one file's line to another file's line?

10. Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

11. Latex format file and basic style files posted to incoming

12. STYLE: better to have one-file-many-functions or many-files-holding-one-function

13. BSD-style to System V-style conversion