HELP -- Weird CD-ROM mounting problem

Post by Rob Wern » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi

I need help!!  I have a 100 MHz Pentium with a Mitsumi 4X IDE CD-ROM.
I just received, and attempted to install, the new SlackWare Linux
release from CD.  Almost everything worked great -- it was so easy to
install that an idiot could do it.  So I must have a hardware problem :-)

Anyway, the boot kernel could not mount the CD-ROM, so I copied the disk
sets to my hard drive and built the system.  The CD-ROM still would not
mount.  I rebuilt the kernel and spent about 10 hours reading HOW-TOs
and FAQs.  It just will not work!  %-(

Here is the weird part:  When the mount is attempted, the system
complains that iso9660 support was not built into the kernel.  However,
I *did* built it in and doing a cat /proc/filesystems seems to prove it.

What am I doing wrong?!!  Or, what should I be doing that I'm not?
Any advice would be appreciated because I have no clue at this point.

Direct e-mail is preferred.

Thanks!

Rob Werner

1. HELP: Weird CD-ROM mounting problem

[...]

2. Powered by Tru64?

4. Saving Environment Variable

5. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

6. FIFO queue using MMAP? Help Please?

7. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

8. Special packet inspecting bridging

9. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

10. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

11. HELP: cd-rom mounting problems

12. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

13. Problems mounting CD-rom with Audio CD