superdisk and linux?

Post by siemel nar » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

How do I use Imation Superdisk with linux?

--
------------
siemel naran

superdisk and linux?

Post by Sitaram Chamar » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>How do I use Imation Superdisk with linux?

Red Hat's default recognises it: on my laptop it comes up as
/dev/hdb.  Most DOS formatted floppies work fine; the 1722 MB
formatted ones don't (on mine anyway!).

If your kernel doesn't seem to recognise it, try re-compiling the
kernel to enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY, either as "y" or "m".
Can't recall offhand if "m" is even allowed for this (ISTR that
2.0.x insists on making this a "y", while 2.2.x allows you to make
it an "m")

Of course, you know that by "y" I mean built-in to the kernel,
while "m" is building it as a kernel module.