1. perms on xxgdb and loading SO's in xxgdb
I installed RH 5.1 (kernel 2.0.34) about two months ago.
I have a few questions about some odd things:
1) Before I could use xxgdb, I had to set UID on the file.
It is owned by root, and, even though it's perms were 555,
it refused to run. Why did I have to change the perms?
Did I do wrong, or did someone somewhere just overlook something?
2) I have several 'generic' SO's that I've developed myself. I have
them in my only 'lib' directory (based within my home dir) and I
have altered by LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include my lib dir. All is
well and fine when I run an application that uses my SO's. But
when I'm debugging an application that uses one of my SO's, the
[xx]gdb complains that it cannot find the SO. Therefore, it
refuses to run/debug the application. The exect error I get is
/usr/home/bill/develop/proj/wtf/util/pl/plMON/plMON: error in loading
libwtfobj.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
My 'plMON' application relies on the following SO's:
libwtfobj.so.1 => /usr/home/bill/lib/libwtfobj.so.1 (0x40000000)
libwtftool.so.1 => /usr/home/bill/lib/libwtftool.so.1 (0x40035000)
libwtftxts.so.1 => /usr/home/bill/lib/libwtftxts.so.1 (0x40044000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x4004b000)
libstdc++.so.2.8 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.8 (0x4005a000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x4009f000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x400b8000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00000000)
Mind you, the application runs perfectly fine; all the versioning
and whatnot associated with the SO's is correct.
Am I just missing some command line switch or some var/attrib I can
within my [xx]gdb session to help it locate my SO's?
2. Internet connection
3. Was the Pentium CREATED or EVOLVED?
4. xxgdb - no more double characters
6. SUMMARY: xxgdb broken in Slackware
7. Global Environment Variables
8. xxgdb problem... (debugger package)
9. xDuel for xxgdb,gdb - a REAL graphical debugger
10. xxgdb on linux won't link?
11. xxgdb warning
12. Bug in XFree86 or xxgdb?