Color adjustments for Epson Stylus Color 600 w/ uniprint driver

Color adjustments for Epson Stylus Color 600 w/ uniprint driver

Post by Robert Helle » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I recently set up an Epson Stylus Color 600, using the GS uniprint
(ghostscript-5.10-10 under RedHat linux 6.1).  I set it up to use the
stc600p (Epson Stylus Color 600, 720x720DpI, Plain Paper) parameter set.

The colors are a *little* off.  Blue comes out a little bit purplish.

Is this the printer or is there some parameter setting I could 'tweak'
to improve the colors?

--
                                     \/

http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153

Post by ray » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I recently set up an Epson Stylus Color 600, using the GS uniprint
> (ghostscript-5.10-10 under RedHat linux 6.1).  I set it up to use the
> stc600p (Epson Stylus Color 600, 720x720DpI, Plain Paper) parameter set.

> The colors are a *little* off.  Blue comes out a little bit purplish.

> Is this the printer or is there some parameter setting I could 'tweak'
> to improve the colors?

> --
>                                      \/

> http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153

    Uhhh, yes, I had that experience too, using Redhat distro stuff, with
Epson 740. Couple of things worked for me, in several different regards,
involving this combination. Try these: http://eunuchs.org/epson/. This
gentleman has an excellent lash-up for the printer. and then:
http://dutera.et.tudelft.nl/~haver/linux/epson.html. Now, this last link is
a specific 740 fresh set of drivers, I cannot be sure they will serve a
600. However, the colors are a LOT closer with them. He has 360, 730, and
1440 drivers there. Now, one more point. Careful reading of the docs, will
reveal that "extra commands" can be used in your CL to GS that will
influence the colors. I messed around with that all one afternoon, (I got
interested in it) :))  but I never implemented anything as the drivers from
the site in The Netherlands solved the issue for me. Good Luck, Ray

--
Ray R. Jones
The Computer Shop

HTTP://gordo.penguinpowered.com