vtwm: anyone compiled it for Linux yet?

Post by Andrew Davis » Thu, 03 Mar 1994 23:18:04

: Hi all,

: I am trying to get vtwm compiled for Linux. Has anyone done this yet?
: The Makefile says that this is compiled using cc (instead of gcc).
: I got my copy from ftp.x.org.

I guess this is the virtual twm ? Why not use fvwm. It retains most of the
features of twm, adding a virtual desktop **and** a configurable motif-like
pretty interface.

And it uses a lot less momory than toms's...

Andy

Post by Manoj Kasichainu » Sat, 05 Mar 1994 04:03:01

|I guess this is the virtual twm ? Why not use fvwm. It retains most of
|the
|features of twm, adding a virtual desktop **and** a configurable
|motif-like
|pretty interface.
|
|And it uses a lot less momory than toms's...

Well, there are a few features that fvwm doesn't have:

a starticonified function (yes you can just use -iconic, but not when it is
                           not available, i.e. The Zephyr messaging system)
an icon manager which isn't a menu
twm compatibility for those who know how to configure twm.
bitmaps for title buttons
and a few more.

plus vtwm, has a pretty motif interface now.
|                                               | "* is the refuge of

| Leader of the Jihad to Destroy Barney at NCSU |          - Salvor Hardin
|_______________________________________________|  from _Foundation_ by Asimov

1. Anyone compiled NN 6.5.0 beta on Linux yet?

Hello,

Has anyone compiled NN 6.5.0 beta (2 or 3) with NOV under Linux?
I just wanted to check before starting a port; no need to do
duplicate work.

Dave.

--

#include <stdisclaimer.h>
 "When you were born you cried, and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life

2. Super-7, AGP and Linux - Does XWindow work with this combination?

3. Anyone get INN v1.5 compiled for Linux yet?

4. libpthread.so source code

5. Anyone compile Mosaic yet?

6. PLEASE HELP: DDS2 SCSI DAT DRIVE

7. anyone compile the 2.3.9 kernel yet?

8. netscape and others

9. new vtwm: compile problem!

10. Anyone tried K6 w/Linux yet?

11. Oracle8i for Linux: Anyone recieved their CD yet?

12. Anyone seen BACP implemented yet for ISDN on Linux?

13. Linux and Cyrix MediaGX. Anyone tried it yet?