Can two versions of same library live together?

Can two versions of same library live together?

Post by Kees Spranger » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I recentently installed Enlightenment on my SuSE 5.3 Box (looks very
good).
For Enlightenment to work I had to upgrade my libjpeg lib to
libjpeg-6b-5.
As a result of this upgrade I can't run KDE and xv anymore (they need
libjpeg 6.0 which was installed with SuSE 5.3 ).
Is there a way to install this libraries among each other or do I need
to upgrade KDE and xv?

Tanx
--

OMEGAM Environmental Research
http://www.omegam.nl

1. Two consoles and/or two X servers/clients together?

Hello all,

I want to know, whether or not it is possible
to use two different
graphic devices connected to two different
monitors TOGETHER under
X-windows.

I have one primary SVGA device (Matrox
Millenium) connected to a
multisync monitor and a Hercules monochrome
device connected to a (of
course) monochrome monitor.
I normally use the XF86_SVGA server but the
XF86_Mono server works as
well. Can they be used together in any way
instead of only one or the
other?

Would it be possible to use both devices and
monitors as a kind of "dual
consoles" as well?

Any help will be appreciated, TIA for your replies.

Regards
Gerhard

2. Reloaded enters the very small realm of semi-accurate techno flix

3. How well do they live together: Linux & Windows XP

4. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

5. Nat with iptable and multicast can live together?

6. FORM CGI Available?-- to export comma delimited data to file

7. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

8. Problems...

9. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code830

10. LINUX and Windows 95 living together ?

11. SLIP + PPP (can they live together?)

12. Can Linux & Windows live together???

13. Can Linux and OS/2 live together??