Why prolong the agony? Just get Windows 95...you'll be glad (you don't have a choice)

Post by decke » Mon, 11 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>> > You are the idiot, here!  mickeysoft did do exactly as I posted.
>> > Check the trades during the week before and the week of release.  If you
>> > bothered to read what mickeysoft said about it's broken dos app then you
>> > might not appear as foolish as you do or is it that you are driven to
>> > play the fool before the world?

>> > --
>> > Ciao!
>> >         John S. 8^{)>

>> > __

>> Gee Don'y I remeber Billy boy saying you could run windows and WFW with 4
>> meg???  Yea you could run 'em, just couldn't do anything wiht 'em
>> --
>> Bruce Musgrove

>> "Always reach for new heights. Use the drapes, that is what they are
>> there for."

>> from the musings of Master Meow

>IBM/Clones/Windows 95 SUCK  Get Mac is the only way to travel!!!!!!!!!

Funny!  Someone tried to say somethin similar to that in my Data Structures
and Algorithms class, and the entire class said "What are crazy!!"  It was
quite humorous.  And as to the Win95 comment about running in any speed.
I'll give you that it will run under 8 megs, but it locks the system.  OS/2
under 8 megs isn't great, but it never hourglasses my system like Win95,
just swaps alot.  Prime example, my roommate has a P90, 16 megs, EIDE
drive.  I have a 486 DX/2 80 12 megs, plain old IDE drive.  We run pretty
much the same software, in the background.  We both were working on them
last night.  He sat there at one point and said -(to the computer ), "Come on,
you shouldn't have a problem with this."  ie. he had to wait for it to give
control back to him.  I just had to listen to my hard drive swap.  I'd rather
listen to that than have to sit and wait.

Sean

Why prolong the agony? Just get Windows 95...you'll be glad (you don't have a choice)

Post by Arthur D. Jeriji » Mon, 11 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Kill this thread.

..........----------==========**********==========----------..........
                        Arthur Dikran Jerijian
         UCLA Undergraduate, Computer Science and Engineering

          World Wide Web: http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~jerijian
..........----------==========**********==========----------..........

Why prolong the agony? Just get Windows 95...you'll be glad (you don't have a choice)

Post by Jonathan W. Hendr » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Windows 95 Suckx. Anyone what disagrees is a moron.

Amiga Rules.

> > > It's like I say to my fellow classmates (who love MAC's)  "Anytime you
> > > want to put your MAC against MY simple 486 DX2/66 I will show you some
> > > wicked shit that can be done.  My Clone will blow the doors off a MAC,
> > > especailly in GAMES....WORD PROCESSING and BUSINESS SOFTWARE.

> > > Later.........................NUff SAid!

> > Dude,

> > You've been smoking too much shit! I'll pit my Mac against yours anytime,
> > anyplace. Just prepare to BYOB ;-). Just don't show me those low-rez games
> > such as Hexen, Spycraft and NHL Live. My Sony Playstation will * you
> > up! ;-)

> > -greg

> Didn't know the Sony Playstation was a mac :=)

> Luka

1. Why prolong the agony? Just get Windows 95...you'll be glad (you don't have a choice)

Doesn't sound like an OS to me... If you think about it.... Were the
following called Operating Systems:

Dos 3.x, DOS 5.0 and DOS 6.x.

Can some one explain how any of those Handled hardware resource
allocation and memory???  I don't remember it being an internal
function...  If you look in your Config.sys.... their is the following
line:
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\himem.sys
And After That comes:
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE

By Relmer's Defination... Himem.sys is its own operating system
(Except for the Disk i/o part).

BTW: 640 k barriers do not count.... :)

So F. What

2. Decoding URL formatted data fields