Linux on 8088

Post by George Tof » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

This topic has bee adequately addressed.  However, Minix, another
UNIX like OS claims to run on everything 8088 and up.  From their
information sheet:

1. WHAT IS MINIX 1.5
     MINIX 1.5 is a new version of an operating system that is very
similar to UNIX.  MINIX has been written from scratch, and therefore
does not contain any AT&T code--not in the kernel, the compiler, the
utilities, or the libraries.
For this reason it can be made available with the complete source code
(on diskette).  It runs on the IBM PC, XT, AT, PS/2, 386, and most
clones.
Versions are also available for the Atari ST, Macintosh, Amiga and Sun
SparcStation.

George

1. slow connection between terminal(8088) and linux box via serial

I connected a 8088 running kermit to a linux box via serial port. I'm
using getty-ps. the connection is working but is slow(10 to 12 char
burst about every 20 secs.) kermit is set with 9600 8n1 vt100 and the
getty is set for 9600.

does anyone know why this is happening?

2. out of the box networking like Xandros

3. Linux on 8088

4. samba

5. 8088 XT SLIP,PPP,PLIP to Linux machine possibly??

6. Getting Rid of ANSI-ized Command Line Prompts

7. 8/16 bit Linux for 8088/8086

8. sysadmin salary

9. Linux on 8088

10. 8088 XT SLIP,PPP,PLIP to Linux machine possibly??

11. Connecting and 8088 to my Linux box via serial ports

12. Linux and a 8088

13. 8088 XT SLIP,PPP,PLIP to Linux machine possibly??