Multi serial card: what card is it ?

Post by Riccardo Facchetti - Allanon » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 18:52:03

Hello,

I have a big problem with a multiserial 8 ports card.

I have to build up a linux system that act as gateway between modems and
tcp/ip. I have a multiserial card but ... look at the problem:

I have the card ... and nothing else. No manuals, no dip switch configs
no informations.

There is only a model name printed on the card.
This logo and mod. name is:

***
*** TECH SI4-A
***

I would like to know who is the producer of this board and/or where can I
find its tecnical manuals and/or programming infos about the card.

The layout of the card is more or less (i'm not a good ascii artist):

|        |   _____________      ____   (1) | (2)  |
|        +> |_____________|    |____|      |  ____|
|__________________________________________| |____|   /
|  ____    _________   ___   _________   __  |____|  /
| |CLK |  |8..DIP..1| |___| |8..DIP..1| |__| |____| /
| |____|  |_________|       |_________|      |____|/
                    |||||||||     | ||||| | |     |
                    +---------------------+ +-----+

CLK: 1.8432 Mhz
(*) Four UMC chips: UM82450
(**) The card is made by two pieces, one on the top of the other.

If someone of you have any kind of information about this card, please let me
know. I need it!!

Thank you in advance.

Ciao,
        Riccardo.
--

Centro di Calcolo           |
Politecnico di Milano       |
                            | EBIC coordinator for *.it domain
Home address:               |
Via PAOLO VI, 29            | For anyone that play FRPG, look at this:
22053 - Lecco - Italy       | http://cdc8g5.cdc.polimi.it:6666/~riccardo/
there walks a lady we all know * who shines white light and wants to show *
that everything still turns to gold * and if you listen very hard *
the tune will come to you at last * when all are one and one is all *
to be a ROCK and not to roll ...
                ... and she's buying the stairway to heaven
                                        LZ