Block Copy & Paste in VI?

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I didn't think it was possible! How do you do it?
TIA
-----
jazz            annandy AT dc DOT seflin DOT org

Block Copy & Paste in VI?

Post by jasdecourc7.. » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I didn't think it was possible! How do you do it?
> TIA
> -----
> jazz            annandy AT dc DOT seflin DOT org

Use 'Y'ank and 'p'ut after cursor position or 'P'ut before cursor
position.

anyway try 'man vi' fot a starter and,
once your inside vi type
:h
displays all the help you need
Have Fun
Jean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Block Copy & Paste in VI?

Post by Ian Mortime » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

try "yy" for yank and put the number of lines in front of it eg to copy
10 lines type "10yy" and use "p" to put those lines below the current
cursor position ("P" for above current pos).  This also works for "dd"

Ian.

> I didn't think it was possible! How do you do it?
> TIA
> -----
> jazz            annandy AT dc DOT seflin DOT org

1. vi with copy & paste ?

I am using red hat for a while (2 weeks) and trying vi as the editor
but
can any one tell me how to copy (about 20 lines) and paste in another
console,
both in alt-F1 --> F6 or X, as long as it copy and paste in other than
the editor environment.

Thanks..

2. How to make kppp script click the continue button?

3. COPY&PASTE does not work with vi editor

4. jumpstart and flash

5. how can I copy&paste between 2 open vi sessions

6. Sendmail/Printer Daemon take forever to finish on boot

7. In 'vi' I can't copy and paste!!

8. FQDN in rw=list for share_nfs required?

9. Copy and Paste problems in vi

10. Copy and paste from one vi session to another session?

11. How to copy $ paste in vi?

12. Copy/paste between xterms from VI