memory testing software available?

Post by Jian Sh » Mon, 23 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I am planning to write a program that does memory testing on Pentium
machine running Linux 1.2.13. It should detect any stuck_at_0, stuck_at_1,
and coupling faults on all memory addresses.  Is there any software already
out there that tests memory at run time(not at booting time) like sundiag
on SUN machines?  What algorithm they use?  I suspect that LINUX would not
let any user program  writes to memory space OS takes, other than let it
write any vale at anywhere, crashing the machine, right?

Thank you a lot!                John
~