md & raid0 questions

Post by Bill Mccart » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi all:

I just finished working w/ the tool package for md - mdadd, mdstop,
etc. I read the docs, but am still a bit confused as to the scope
for using md. Let's say I have two current active partitions:
/dev/hdb1 - /usr
/dev/sdb4 - /tmp2

and I want to add the two and mount on /usr. Will the existing
data on the current partitions be nuked using /dev/md0? From what
I read, I have to do a mkfs on /dev/md0 before I use it. Anyone want
to clarify this for me? Thanks.
--

L I N U \/
        /\

1. md (raid0) problems with large partitions

Hi there. I've just set up a large (approx. 4GB) raid0 partition using
the md contained in kernel 2.0.14 and 2.0.30. (I've tested both.) With
both kernels I get complete lock-ups from time to time when disk activity
is high, for instance when copying/moving a number (2-3) of large files
(couple of hundred MB) around simultaneously. Is there a known problem
here I should be aware of? Can't recall that this has happened with
smaller (approx. 1 GB) partitions. In fact, before this, my 2.0.14
kernel had never crashed at all. (Except for some fresh ftape-problems.)
Any hints would be appreciated.

Jens Olav Nygaard

2. getaddrinfo: DNS temporary failure (SocketError)

3. How do I set up MD linear/Raid0

4. digital alpha xl266 + redhat 6.2 install problem

5. Advice: 8 disk raid0 device with md

6. How to detect network path is broken ?

7. 2.5.48-bk, md raid0 fix

8. ksh for "root"

9. Multiple devices {md}, raid0

10. RAID0 & RH7.1 & Rebuild kernel = PANIC

11. 2.4.21-pre3aa1 and RAID0 issue (was: 2.4.21-pre2aa1 - RAID0 issue.)

12. C99 initializers for drivers/md/md.c

13. Could not compile md/raid5.c and md/multipath.c in 2.5.3-pre3