Need help installing DigiBoard!!!

Post by Paul M. Hanso » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:35:22

  Hello I have a Digiboard 16em that I am trying to install on Red Hat Linux
7.0 - the host board is EISA.
  I downloaded the .rpm for this board from
http://support.digi.com/support/legacy/digi/drivers/4001450K.rpm which they
say is the last driver to support EISA.  The package name of this driver is
'epca-1.4.3.3-1'.  It also says that it is for upto kernel 2.2.14 and Red
Hat 6.1, but I think that it is because it was what was current when it was
created.  I have the 2.2.16 kernel on Red Hat 7.0, so it *should* work
right?
  Well, after creating a 'src' group and then running 'rpm -i 4001450K.rpm'
it puts all of the source files where they need to go and starts the
configuration script.  Everything seems fine there except that it asks for
an I/O address to use (1005,2005,3005,4005,6005,7005).  But there is nothing
about setting an I/O address for this board when the board was added to the
system via the system EISA configuration.
  So, I tried using all values, but I get an error when it tries to load to
the board.  And when I try I/O addresses 3005 and 7005, the configuration
script hangs when it tries to load to the board.

  Has anyone been able to get the DigiBoard 16em EISA board to work with Red
Hat?  I appreciate any help or suggestions at all.

Thanks in advance,
  Scott Navarre
  Precision Analytical Labs

Need help installing DigiBoard!!!

Post by Deepan Pate » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:30:08

You have the right drivers, but also download the script that DIGI has out
there. It will make the installation much easier for you. If you like I'll
be glad to email you or give you the location of the script files.

Deepan

>   Hello I have a Digiboard 16em that I am trying to install on Red Hat
Linux
> 7.0 - the host board is EISA.
>   I downloaded the .rpm for this board from
> http://support.digi.com/support/legacy/digi/drivers/4001450K.rpm which
they
> say is the last driver to support EISA.  The package name of this driver
is
> 'epca-1.4.3.3-1'.  It also says that it is for upto kernel 2.2.14 and Red
> Hat 6.1, but I think that it is because it was what was current when it
was
> created.  I have the 2.2.16 kernel on Red Hat 7.0, so it *should* work
> right?
>   Well, after creating a 'src' group and then running 'rpm -i
4001450K.rpm'
> it puts all of the source files where they need to go and starts the
> configuration script.  Everything seems fine there except that it asks
for
> an I/O address to use (1005,2005,3005,4005,6005,7005).  But there is
nothing
> about setting an I/O address for this board when the board was added to
the
> system via the system EISA configuration.
>   So, I tried using all values, but I get an error when it tries to load
> the board.  And when I try I/O addresses 3005 and 7005, the configuration
> script hangs when it tries to load to the board.

>   Has anyone been able to get the DigiBoard 16em EISA board to work with
Red
> Hat?  I appreciate any help or suggestions at all.

> Thanks in advance,
>   Scott Navarre
>   Precision Analytical Labs

1. Need help with installing Digiboard Com/8i

Hello!
I have installed Digiboard Com/8i in a new pc. And I also have had it
before in an other pc where it worked fine. The problem I now have is
that for ex. minicom responds to me "minicom: cannot open /dev/ttyD3: No
such device". What might be wrong ? I have istalled the module using
insmod (insmod comxi.o) and the devices with mknod (mknod /dev/ttyD0 c 22
0... as in README file). The two first ports seems to work fine (ttyD0,
dcua0 and ttyD1, dcua1), but the rest are dead. Could somebody please
tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you, Mikael Aalto

2. bttv/xaxtv causes X/system crash

3. --- NEED HELP --- COM/Xi digiboard drivers for Linux 2.0 or 2.2

4. Looking for installation management package

5. DigiBoard- Configure/Use help needed

6. Looking for a Installation Manager ?

7. help with digiboard needed desperately!

8. gcc install

9. Help - I need to add Digiboard C/X cards but have no room!

10. Help needed with DigiBoard PC/Xe (4 & 8)

11. --- NEED HELP --- COM/Xi Digiboard drivers for Linux 2.0 or 2.2

12. Need Help with a DIGIBOARD PC/8 ...

13. Need help (!) with Digiboard PC/Xe