Can't mount Novell volume using NCPFS

Post by Thomas Beardshea » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm having trouble mounting a Novell volume on a Linux box. We have
three Novell servers. Two of them mount with no problem. The third
server fails with the message: "Connection Timed out  when trying to
find Orville".(Orville is the name of the file server that won't mount.)

I can ping the server and even telnet to it (it has xconsole loaded),
but I can't mount it. We are using Redhat 5.1.

Thanks for your help.

Can't mount Novell volume using NCPFS

Post by Shurfl » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I just found something else out. I CAN mount the volume on another Linux
server. I had to run ipx_interface -p  (obviously) but it came right up. The
other server mounts two servers and has ipx_interface already setup. Both
systems are running RedHat 5.1. Both are running ncpmount (ncpfs) 2.0.11.
This may not be the latest one but it has been working for the other 2
Novell Servers.

> I'm having trouble mounting a Novell volume on a Linux box. We have
> three Novell servers. Two of them mount with no problem. The third
> server fails with the message: "Connection Timed out  when trying to
> find Orville".(Orville is the name of the file server that won't mount.)

> I can ping the server and even telnet to it (it has xconsole loaded),
> but I can't mount it. We are using Redhat 5.1.

> Thanks for your help.

1. Can't Mount Novell Volume using NCPFS

I'm having trouble mounting a Novell volume on a Linux box. We have
three Novell servers. Two of them mount with no problem. The third
server fails with the message: "Connection Timed out  when trying to
find Orville".(Orville is the name of the file server that won't mount.)

I can ping the server and even telnet to it (it has xconsole loaded),
but I can't mount it. We are using Redhat 5.1.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. scrolling/paging in curses

3. Mount of Novell 3.2 Server Volumes using IPX/NCP not possible using SuSE 8.2

4. About port Forwarding in Kernel 2.4.x using "iptables"

5. Can't create files on mounted Novell-Volumes

6. Programming (JoyStick, Serial Port, etc)

7. Error while cp'ing files from mounted Novell volumes

8. Does HP 722C Printer work under linux?

9. Can't mount Novell NetWare 6 volumes from Linux - help please!

10. can't get ncpfs to work - 'Cannot open ncpfs'

11. Have OpenBSD possibility to mount Novell volumes?

12. Mounting Novell Netware Volumes

13. Mounting WFW shares and Novell Volumes in Linux