Apache in SuSE 6.0

Post by abark.. » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I know I'm a newbie...

Upon running httpd (trying to start up Apache for
the first time), I get this:

sqlinit: DBROOT must be set !!!

For the life of me I can't find where to set
DBROOT.  Maybe I'm blind or something but it
doesn't seem to be in any of the confs.

Thanks in advance

PS This is SuSE 6.0 kernel 2.0.36

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Apache in SuSE 6.0

Post by Gero H. Marte » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I know I'm a newbie...

> Upon running httpd (trying to start up Apache for
> the first time), I get this:

> sqlinit: DBROOT must be set !!!

> For the life of me I can't find where to set
> DBROOT.  Maybe I'm blind or something but it
> doesn't seem to be in any of the confs.

> Thanks in advance

> PS This is SuSE 6.0 kernel 2.0.36

This variable should have been set by YAST automatically. If not, in
/etc/rc.config insert "DBROOT=/usr/lib/adabas" (without quotes and
of course with whichever directory your adabas is in). Then run
SuSEconfig.

Ah, this is all explained in the SDB of SuSE, and it's in the adabas
documentation to!

--
Gero H. Marten
<http://www.provi.de/gmarten/index.html>