rdist and rsync

Post by Eugene Y Le » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am running an rdist server and have been serving several machines for
a while now with no problems.  But I just added a machine to the list,
and this morning I recieved and error

directory

Now I have had other machines with a misc directory and those worked no
problems.  Both machines with a misc directory were running 6.2  I had
this problem with the /net directory before and it went away once I
removed the directory manually, but I would like to track down the
source of this problem.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between rdist and rsync?

1. RDIST, RSYNC or something else? replication

Looking for anyone using Veritas Site Replicator on NFS servers, over a WAN
connection for redundancy and that likes its performance and failover
procedures.

If you use it, let me know. I would like to know what you think of it, your
experiences, etc.

Also, if not using Site Replicator, what are you using? RDIST, RSYNC or
something else?

Thanks,
Jim
James Marchetti
"No matter where you go, there you are..."
"Whatever you do, do it RIGHT from the start"

2. Newbie installation problems.

3. Best tool to distribute files (rdist, rsync, cfengine)

4. timespec question

5. rsync replacement for rdist

6. Mounting a floppy ?

7. Problem with kernel 2.2.7 (Suse) and RTL 8139 Ethernet

8. Stock Solaris rdist vs rsync

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. rdist: can't get rdist working ... permission denied

11. How to get log file for rsync operation? Does rsync also delete remote files?

12. Rsync daemon /etc/indetd.conf line