Motif

Post by Carlo James Cali » Sat, 24 Sep 1994 13:36:04

I'm looking into purchasing Motif.  Which is the best?  The two that I've
heard of are from Metrolink and SWiM.  If I ftped a dynamic bin (ie GREAT)
would I be able to use either or must I purchase the Motif that the bin
was compiled with.  Thanks.

--
 /------------------------------+--------------------------------------\
| Carlo J. Calica               | Linux:  Choice of the GNU Generation  |

 \ University of Wisconsin      | Republic of Madison                  /

1. Upgrading 1.3.x/Motif 2.0 system to 2.0.33/Motif 2.1 -- any problems/gotchas?

I've just ordered the SuSE 5.2 and Motif 2.1 Developer Pack ($99.95, good
deal) from LSL, which I plan to put on my new toy -- a P2/400 (Supermicro

machine -- a P5/120 (Aladdin/Triton PCI, AHA-2940 SCSI, ATI Mach64). Both
machines have 3Com 900 NICs.

So I want to upgrade the old machine as well -- it's a while since I've
spent much time with Linux that I'm pretty rusty; I remember the system as
sort of mixed elf/aout. The kernel .config says:

CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF is not set
#CONFIG_KERNEL_ELF is not set

I think what the comment signifies is that there is kernel support for ELF,
but the kernel itself wasn't compiled in ELF format. Does that sound right?

Basically I'm up for advice on any of this - any possible problems, things
to look out for...

2. Linux Redhat / Telnet Password Change

3. Motif++ available for linux/Metrolink Motif

4. Anon FTP - Why HOME must be mounted SUID?

5. Motif Programming Manual and Motif Reference Manual by O'Reilly now free

6. sh -c executes .profile in current directory

7. Announce: Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere on PPC

8. 3C590 and Matrox Millennium cards: how to install linux xith them??

9. Workstation Motif to PC Motif Portability

10. Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere

11. Free Motif Support at Motifzone.net - the site for Motif Developers (monthly post)

12. Announce: Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere

13. Help. Porting from Motif 1.2 to Motif 2.0