DOSLinux Questions

Post by Bob Mcdani » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

 a> Subject: DOSLinux Questions
 a> Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com

 a> I just installed DOSLinux. It was easy. :P

 a> Now I have a few questions.
 a> What is LOOP?
 a> What is ELF?
 a> How do they work?
 a> What are the Other ways that Linux runs?
 a> How they compare? Performance/Size etc?
 a>
 a> Why can't I see any thing in DOS/Windows?
 a> If it runs over a DOS partition, I would expect to see the
 a> directory Structure like PHAT Linux. Is it (including my files
 a> that I create) stored in the tgz file?
 a> Where is the SOURCE code for DOSLinux files?
 a> Could all of  those source files be compliled with PGCC?
 a> Adam

    where does updateXX.tgz go. so you can open it??
    are their any "man." at all in doslnxXX??  Or are all of them in
    'updateXX??'
    Adam - I think a LOOP system is a way to use a (take your pick of terms)
    M - Drive H /ram - disk /what ever, as a /dev that can be mounted.
    Since i can not find a reference to exe2fs and how it is layed out I
    must assume it is part of "the learning curve," and will be found in
    more than one of the "HOW-TO"s that currently are eatting my HDD.
    */- anybody else trying to 'get their feet wet' with DOSLinux?? \*
    bob.

-=plm=-

--
| This message was posted with a "NOSPAM" address. Simply remove the ".nospam" |
| from the return address with your email message editor for the proper email  |

| this gateway is provided by a generous grant from Pacifier Online Data       |
| Systems. (Pacifier.com)                                                      |

1. DOSLinux Questions

I just installed DOSLinux. It was easy. :P

Now I have a few questions.
What is LOOP?
What is ELF?
     How do they work?
     What are the Other ways that Linux runs?
     How they compare? Performance/Size etc?

Why can't I see any thing in DOS/Windows?
    If it runs over a DOS partition, I would expect to see the directory
    Structure like PHAT Linux. Is it (including my files that I create)
    stored in the tgz file?
Where is the SOURCE code for DOSLinux files?
Could all of  those source files be compliled with PGCC?

Adam

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. mail problems

3. Help about Partitioning for Linux, and a question about DOSLinux

4. Imagen printer attached to RS6000

5. DosLinux help

6. Anomalous results from access(2)

7. Installing XFree86 on DosLinux