Something better than xanim

Post by Harry Putna » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What apps are available for viewing .mpg or .avi files that works
better than xanim?

Something better than xanim

Post by J Bla » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>What apps are available for viewing .mpg or .avi files that works
>better than xanim?

for mpg MpegTV (www.mpegtv.com iirc) is great.

For other stuff, make sure you've downloaded all the extra modules for
xanim.

JB

1. Interleaf, MS Word, or something better -- PLEASE ??

Some of us are moving away from Interleaf and on to who knows
what.  The initial suggestion, not mine, is to move to MS Word
for documentation needs.  This solution would involve running
Word over the network on a WinNT machine and from each user's
Unix machine.

So, what would you suggest as an easy to use, yet powerful
WYSIWYG editor suitable for fairly hard-core documentation needs
on a Unix machine.  Surely the answer isn't MS Word -- OH PLEASE!

Thanks in advance.....

2. Copro problems...

3. iostat -- is there something better?

4. wvdial, USB modems and Suse 7.3 prof

5. IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER THAN GDB?

6. nfs trouble

7. something better than port forwarding perhaps?

8. A couple NFS questions...

9. Busy wait vs something better

10. Is there something better than iptables-p2p?

11. Something better than dbx for SunOS and Sun C++?

12. Midgard, Zope, Mason ...or something better

13. Isn't it better than sports, something like politics?