1. dwww still does not handle #place_on_page html tags
I am not sure if this is even a bug. Could not find reference in bug reports,
so maybe my setup of dwww (version 188.8.131.52-0.2 just upgrade with debian 2.1 --
"slink") is not configured correctly, but the following annoyance has been
with me ever since I first started using dwww many months ago:
Reference tags in html docs of the form
throw you out to the directory containing the html document. As the following
conversion created by dww illustrates, the reason seems to be a badly formed
URL, since the actual name of the file is missing:
If original file /usr/doc/lynx/lynx_help>Lynx_users_guide.html contains:
then dwww creates:
Since #Help is not a file in the directory, but rather a tag in
Lynx_users_guide.html, a browser like lynx throws you into the directory
instead containing the html document.
This is quite annoying, as you don't know until you follow links what's going
to happen, and if you are thrown out of the file, it is hard to reorient
yourself. I realize dwww is a workin-progress and that whatever generates the
cgi script may have a hard time figuring out the file name, but fixing this
problem sure would make this otherwise great tool (dwww) so much more useful.
Thanks for whatever suggestion you might have.
Hey you know something people? They won't go for no more
I'm not black, but there's a whole lotsa times Great Midwestern hardware store
I wish I could say I'm not white. Philosophy that turns away
(1965, Frank Zappa in Trouble Every Day From those who aren't afraid to say
-> Freak Out) What's on their mind -- The left behinds
Of The Great Society.
(1965, Frank Zappa in Hungry Freaks, Daddy
-> Freak Out)
2. Veeery slow access to samba from NT 4.0
3. Purpose of the '.IX' tags in manual pages?
4. Apache,Neosoft,postgresql,libpgtcl error
5. New US Robotics modem won't dial; browser won't find web pages
7. ``Cannot handle paging request'' w/ 0.99pl9 & Nothing fancy
8. Bad color output
9. undefined reference to `pw_crypt',undefined reference to `spw_unpack'
10. ``Unable to handle kernel paging request''
11. 1.1.41 won't boot...can't handle CDU31A
12. cvsup doesn't like tags 'ports-all' & 'doc-all'
13. man-pages won't be formatted with groff, what's wrong?