How to switch default window manager?

Post by Name » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:45:50

I recently installed icewm on RH7.1 which has kde installed as the
default desktop.  I want to try ice as a window manager.  How do I change
to ice from kde?

Thanks in advance,

~pablo

Post by Vilmos Sot » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 04:10:40

> I recently installed icewm on RH7.1 which has kde installed as the
> default desktop.  I want to try ice as a window manager.  How do I change
> to ice from kde?

There is a file in your home directory called .xinitrc. This file
is used to start an alternate window manager. Try

echo exec /path/to/icewm > ~/.xinitrc

Vilmos

Post by Joseph William Dixo » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 05:58:18

> > I recently installed icewm on RH7.1 which has kde installed as the
> > default desktop.  I want to try ice as a window manager.  How do I
> > change to ice from kde?

> There is a file in your home directory called .xinitrc. This file
> is used to start an alternate window manager. Try

> echo exec /path/to/icewm > ~/.xinitrc

  Doesn't RH7.1 check ~/.wmrc?

 work every day and has a job to do."    [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]