Preserving Date Stamp When Downloading

Post by Young4er » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Some software packages are only distributed through webpages in which
one can only download using a web browser.  If you use the netscape to
download any software package or file, chances are the date stamped on
to the file gets changed to the day and time you download the file.  Is
there away to preserve the original date stamped on the file when
download through netscape?

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

1. How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that downloading a file from a web page always
changes the date of the downloaded file?

What I would like to do is to sync the date on all the files, that I
downloaded from any web page using netscape, with the original stamped
date.  Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

TIA.

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

2. Linuxppc 2000 questions.......

3. Preserving date stamps in ftp

4. LTSP - how can I remote control a terminal?

5. Keeping With Stamped Date On Downloaded Files

6. A matter of terminology

7. how to preserve time stamp when doing ftp?

8. Help with INN news server

9. Date stamping commands in the shell command history file

10. Better alias for cpdir (preserve links, dates, & permissions)

11. Reading Date Stamp

12. Copying directory trees preserving mod. dates

13. Date and Time stamp to hundredths of seconds?