Automatic account creation

Post by David Zarnitz » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm looking for a solution ... it should be something rather simple
but its slipping by me at the moment.

I have an online system that I am hooking into a Linux Box.
I have accounts already on the online system.
I want people to be able to log into the Linux box and have new accounts
created automatically.

How can I do this? I made a script ... but obviously, certain things can't
be done with a newuser login name and script (like permission to
alter the passwd file.  I tried setting chmod +s to the script but it
still didn't seem to let me do what I wanted.

Is there some easier way to go about doing this?

--
+--[From the Brilliant Mind of David Zarnitzky, Scary Huh?]--+
|                   Phil Gramm for President                 |

1. Automatic Account Creation

Hi all:-

   I was wondering if there is a software or a freeware which can create
accounts from a ASCII file  containing  Name ans SS# in UNIX.  Any help
will be appriciated.

Thanks
Ozair

2. 3Com 3c509b

3. Automatic Driver Creation

4. Name resolution failures after patching 2.5.1

5. Automatic creation of Users ?

6. mdmonitor under Solaris 10

7. automatic creation of /dev

8. message logs

9. automatic mail alias creation

10. automatic creation of .profile

11. automatic x-permission on creation: how?

12. Automate Account Creation

13. user account creation date