X on a laptop

Post by Tim Sutto » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a Digital HiNote CT475 laptop (can't find any manuals for it).  I
have installed linux (Redhat 4.2) and am trying to setup X (using
xf86config).  I can't seem to get it working.  Does anyone know if the
laptop will be able to run X and if so how do I get it going?

TIA

--
Tim Sutton - Database Administrator
UBD Group

X on a laptop

Post by ajhun.. » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I have a Digital HiNote CT475 laptop (can't find any manuals for it).  I
>have installed linux (Redhat 4.2) and am trying to setup X (using
>xf86config).  I can't seem to get it working.  Does anyone know if the
>laptop will be able to run X and if so how do I get it going?

>TIA

>--
>Tim Sutton - Database Administrator
>UBD Group
>PO Box 11264
>Ellerslie
>Auckland
>NEW ZEALAND
>PH: 64-9-526-9142
>FAX: 64-9-526-6310

go to www.redhat.com/linux_info/laptop    you will find out how to set
 it up there.

I am using a compaq lte5400 laptop, and i found my config info there.

Tony Hunter

1. Laptop To Laptop Data Transfer

I have two laptops both of them with SuSE Linux.
What is the best way to transfer data from one computer
to the other computer?

What software do I need to make this work using
 the serial port or parallel port?

Or is it better to borrow / scrounge 2 PCMCIA ethercards
cards ?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Peter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Shared IRQs

3. Linux Laptop config database?? Linux Laptop NG?

4. javascript lastModified is reporting the current time

5. Laptop to laptop

6. Compatibility between SB16ASP & LINUX SLACKWARE 2.1

7. problem install redhat in my laptop gateway 9550 (laptop won't boot from CD)

8. forcibly unmap pages in driver?

9. The answer to your laptop questions....Sun's first ever laptop!

10. laptop<->beamer : refresh frequency and svideo-out on my laptop

11. [laptop] Getting the network up on my laptop...

12. ping finds server from laptop, but not laptop from server!