XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

Post by secret.. » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

The World OS will be here soon.  Most of it has already been built.
What remains to be done is equip XML with interpreters and debug the
cryptographic infrastructure.

http://www.usenix.org/events/dsl99/brochure/techtues.html

Elliotte Rusty Harold is a world renowned XML expert.  His latest book on
XML is huge and looks to be even better than his last.

The XMLSIG asks that, if you plan to come, that you register for
this event.

Below is the official notice of the XMLSIG.

Below that is a corrected version of the blurb for my rant on
the World OS.

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:56:25 -0400

[...]

</official-notice>

[...]

1. LUNY Meeting Tuesday 10 August 1999: InstallFest

LUNY will throw an Install Fest on Tuesday 10 August 1999 in
Sybase's Financial InSite Center at 1 World Trade Center
on the Island of Manhattan.

This Install Fest is free and open to the public.

The meeting starts at 6:30 pm and runs until 9:00 pm.

Eating and drinking begins at 9:01 pm.

Quote from LUNY's official notice:

 The World Trade Center has security procedures that we
 need to respect, and we are trying out some procedures of
 our own to make this meeting as organized and productive
 as we can.

 Details are on the LUNY web site:
 http://www.luny.org/installfest/aug10.html

 Building entry procedures are explained at:
 http://www.luny.org/installfest/security.html

Please do make arrangements as specified above to get in, but if you fail
to, and you show up any time between 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm, and ask at the
front desk about the LUNY InstallFest in Sybase's offices, a small
detachment of Free Software partisans will be sent to bring you through
the lines into our camp.

You may be asked to parse a line of legal Lisp, Basic, Intercal, or Perl
to demonstrate your bona fides.  World Trade Center Security Forces state
that it is unwise to wacky-parse, unless your technique is very good.

This Install Fest is sponsored by:

FUNY FreeBSD Users of New York  http://www.funy.org

LXNY New York's Free Software Organization  http://www.lxny.org

LUNY Linux Users of New York  http://www.luny.org

NYLUG New York Linux User's Group  http://www.nylug.org

The lead group for this Install Fest is LUNY, and lead contact is:

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

LXNY is an organization in support of the Free Software Movement, and we
welcome all supporters of free software, whether or not you run, or even
like, the Linux kernel, gcc, clisp, cmucl, gcl, cfengine, bc, ABS, Amanda,
Bash, Bison, Yacc, COAS, Eddie, Elegant, Emacs, vim, Erlang, Essence,
FreeDOS, Sather, SmallEiffel, Jacal, apache, the FreeBSD kernel, chimera,
fvwm, fftw, Octave, GNOME, Guile, gawk, Hello, Jikes, KDE, Perl, Python,
fortune, the Hurd, Gwydion's not-quite-Dylan, Ocaml, oleo, XFree, Gamora,
gdbm, gmp, gnat, gimp, gnuProlog, TeX, gs, gv, Intercal, lilo, fips, mlos,
rpm, mocka, PM, PyBrenda, Gambit, R, readline, qscheme, SIAG, siod, SCM,
SLIB, Screamer, Stalin, STk, sendmail, procmail, Squeak, SML/NJ, stBasic,
units, xscreensaver, XLispStat, XXL, ZOPE, zsh, etc..

2. Redhat 7.2 installation problem

3. LXNY Meeting Tuesday 3 August 1999: Introduction to PGP

4. Multiple remote logins to a give port

5. Tuesday 9 November 1999: Eric S. Raymond will speak at LUNY Meeting

6. Telnet/Ssh idle timeout

7. Configuring Apache Jserv to recognise XML as correct context type of text/xml

8. writing lp printer interface program

9. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 14 August 2002 GNUbies Meeting: Alex Khalil will speak on divers topics

10. Tuesday 1 June 1999 Meeting of LXNY: Planning for PC Expo

11. LXNY Meeting Tuesday 2 February 1999.

13. NYC LOCAL: Thursday 16 August 2001 NYSIA Open Source SIG: Joseph McElroy Introduces the New SIG